Director of Welfare Programming
- תאריך פרסום המשרה:
About the Position:
Care for the most vulnerable is at the heart of JDC's mission in Europe, as part of JDC's global mission of saving Jewish lives and building Jewish life. Every Jewish community has its vulnerable individuals, including but not limited to the elderly. JDC is not a service provider, but rather, works as a partner to the Jewish community welfare departments and agencies which assume responsibility for the needs of their community members.
JDC Europe's Director of Welfare Programming will bring her/his academic and practitioner expertise to develop and implement JDC's social welfare strategy in Jewish communities across Europe. This position is open to candidates in Israel, London, Budapest, Barcelona, or elsewhere in Europe.
What will you do as JDC Europe Director of Welfare Programming?
· Identify and build new programs and possibilities for JDC's social welfare work, to take JDC to the cutting edge of social welfare, bringing best practices and forward-thinking approaches.
· Integrate existing material, both through literature review of academic sources and JDC material, and work with Director of Operations and others to build a concept paper illuminating JDC's approach to care in Europe, including:
o JDC's definition of the nature of community welfare work and services provided.
o Exploration of eligibility criteria.
o Analysis of community welfare structures.
o Roles of volunteers.
o Funding models.
o JDC's role.
· In conjunction with the relevant JDC Country Director or Country Liaison, engage with individual communities in a consultative mode to help them identify the local needs and to build a relevant welfare program.
What qualifications does this job require?
· Masters' degree in a relevant field.
· At least 5 years' relevant field work.
· Able to engage stakeholders and help them build appropriate programs.
· Experience in working with organizations at a strategic level.
· Understanding of the nature and role of Jewish communities in Europe
· Consulting experience an advantage.
· Proven ability to build a workplan, create the momentum for the project and see it through to completion.
· Self-starter and excellent team player.
· Strong written and oral presentation skills in English, other languages a plus.
· Employment Type: Flexible, up to full time
· Location: Europe/Israel
· Reports to: Director of Operations
· Expected/Preferred start date: February 2021
Why work at JDC?
· The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
· A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
· Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
Equal Employment Opportunity
JDC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian organization, we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Submit your resume and salary expectations here: [email protected]
טופס הגשת מועמדות
במידה ואין באפשרותך למלא את הטופס, ניתן לשלוח אלינו פרטי קשר וקובץ קורות חיים לכתובת [email protected]