Writing Team Manager
- תאריך פרסום המשרה:
JDC (The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee) is the leading global Jewish humanitarian organization, working in 70 countries to lift lives and strengthen communities. We rescue Jews in danger, provide aid to vulnerable Jews, develop innovative solutions to Israel’s most complex social challenges, cultivate a Jewish future, and lead the Jewish community’s response to crises.
The JDC is seeking a dynamic and motivated manager to lead the Global Resource Development department's writing and reporting unit. This position will manage and lead a team of in-house and freelance writers to ensure that captivating and inspiring materials are efficiently produced to support JDC's bold fundraising goals.
What will you do as the Writing Team Manager?
· Supervise a team of in-house and freelance writers to provide onboarding, training, guidance and quality control
· Oversee system of writing assignments to maximize timeliness, efficiency and quality of products
· Coordinate between other units within Resource Development and field units to ensure smooth and accurate communication flow
· Ensure that field materials are proactively developed to provide up-to-date programmatic material to fundraisers
· Identify unmet needs and gaps in systems and develop methods of improving the overall operation
· Liaise with Marketing and Communications (Marcom) to ensure products are on-brand in aesthetics and message
· Oversee Information Management system (Sharepoint) to maximize accessibility of field information to fundraising team
· Other duties as assigned.
What qualifications does this job require?
· At least five years relevant professional experience is required (e.g. fundraising, writing, nonprofit operations);
· 3-5 years experience managing and supervising direct reports
· Must have extensive familiarity with Jewish and North American fundraising world
· Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks quickly and efficiently; excellent writing, proofreading, editing and analytical skills.
· Must be able and willing to travel domestically and overseas.
· Ability to write clearly and compellingly to articulate vision and leadership
· Proficient with Microsoft Office – experience with SharePoint a plus
Reports to: Senior Development Officer, Global RD
Status: Full Time
Location: Jerusalem, Israel
Why work at JDC?
· The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
· A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
· Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Collectively we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of others
טופס הגשת מועמדות
במידה ואין באפשרותך למלא את הטופס, ניתן לשלוח אלינו פרטי קשר וקובץ קורות חיים לכתובת [email protected]