- תאריך פרסום המשרה:
JDC-GRID is seeking a Program Director to expand and develop its Imagine More program . As the leading global Jewish humanitarian organization, JDC knows that women are powerful agents of social, economic, and political change, and that when women's lives improve, entire communities transform. Our Imagine More program will support women to start their own renewable energy businesses and become leaders. Imagine More provides:
• Access to technology - introducing renewable energy/solar energy/bio-gas knowledge & support
• Access to finance - microloans to start businesses
• Mentorship and training - to establish a business plan and to guide through the process.
What will you do as the Imagine more Program Director?
· Based on the existing strategic directions, research and conceptualize the development and expansion of Imagine More, and create a business plan
· Manage the Imagine More program in all locations (Ethiopia, South Africa, India, two additional countries TBD)
· Create partnerships with the Israeli business sector
· Create and sustain strategic network among donors, partners and participants
· Work with JDC's fundraising team to identify funding sources and to garner funds for Imagine More
· Additional responsibilities as needed
What qualifications does this job require?
· At least an MA in a relevant field, such as International Development, Economics, Gender Studies
· In-depth knowledge of the International Development field, with a focus on work with women
· In-depth experience of project management in the International Development sector
· Experience working in and with developing economies
· Experience working with the Israeli business sector
· Proven capacity for creating partnerships, excellent networker
· Experience of work with institutional funders preferred
· Spoken and written English at mother tongue level
· Creative, broad-thinking approach
· Strong management and leadership capacity
· Available for significant travel overseas (pending Covid regulations)
· Employment Type: Full time
· Location: Jerusalem, Israel. Minimum two days a week required work from Office. pending Covid regulations.
· Reports to: Executive Director, GRID
· Expected/Preferred start date: April 2021
Why work at JDC?
· The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good. Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
· A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
· Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
Equal Employment Opportunity
JDC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian organization, we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
טופס הגשת מועמדות
במידה ואין באפשרותך למלא את הטופס, ניתן לשלוח אלינו פרטי קשר וקובץ קורות חיים לכתובת [email protected]