- תאריך פרסום המשרה:
JDC, the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian organization, is seeking a dynamic professional with superior writing and organizational skills to join our in-house writing team. If you wish to develop broad skills that meet the needs of today’s organizations, this job may be for you.
You will craft narrative about program beneficiaries and system change, describe local-level programs and regional-level strategies, and communicate about output data and impact measurement. You will also learn the inner workings of an historic organization with global scale, from the vantage-point of a crucial team positioned between fundraising, programmatic field, and marketing.
Who is a JDC in-house writer?
- Curious, creative, passionate professional with excellent people skills
- Evocative writer with extremely high standards and a wide writing range
- Detail-oriented/meticulous, exceptionally organized, efficient, resourceful, responsive
- Able to work in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Self-driven with love of learning and interest in professional growth
- Ready to step out of comfort zone and take on new challenges
- Interested in using new digital applications and technology
- Team player committed to strengthening JDC
- Crafting grant applications, proposals, reports, and other documents at different levels of depth, and in different styles and media, for a range of audiences
- Collecting, organizing, and synthesizing information from various sources
- Editing and proofreading documents
- Brainstorming and problem solving about work processes, team professional development, reporting to donors in new ways, and managing information
- Learning continually about JDC’s mission, strategies, activities, messaging, and content
- At least three years’ experience in grant writing
- English mother tongue; Hebrew proficiency
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (familiarity with SharePoint a plus)
- Interest and experience in graphic design, marketing, digital applications relevant to the work, project management, and/or information/content management - an advantage
- Knowledge of the American Jewish philanthropic environment - an advantage
- Bachelor's degree
- Location: Jerusalem, Israel (Hybrid, minimum of 2 days from our Jerusalem offices)
- Employment type: Full time (100%)
- Reports to: Writing Team Manager
- Department: Global Resource Development
- Start date: Immediate
Join The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization. JDC works in around 70 countries and in Israel to alleviate hunger and hardship, rescue Jews in danger, create lasting connections to Jewish life, and help Israel overcome the social challenges of its most vulnerable citizens, both Jewish and non-Jewish. Our reach extends beyond the global Jewish community by providing immediate relief and long-term development support for victims of natural and man-made disasters worldwide.
JDC has over 100 years of experience providing social and humanitarian services to Jewish people. You can learn more about JDC at www.jdc.org .
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Europe, Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
טופס הגשת מועמדות
במידה ואין באפשרותך למלא את הטופס, ניתן לשלוח אלינו פרטי קשר וקובץ קורות חיים לכתובת [email protected]