Senior Development Officer – Israel based
- תאריך פרסום המשרה:
JDC's Global Resource Development department is driven by JDC's historic mission, as we cultivate and grow relationships with philanthropists worldwide to secure resources for the leading global Jewish humanitarian organization. Our department comprises a highly motivated and dynamic team that is committed to excellence in all we do. Our team encourages creative thinking, leadership, and the exploration of new, effective, and collaborative ways for achieving top fundraising results. We invest in our team by equipping them with tools and coaching for success, and we thrive on learning and growing together.
We are now hiring a Senior Development Officer (SDO) to serve as a front line fundraiser on behalf of JDC. The SDO is expected to actively engage in stewarding current JDC individual and foundation donors while also identifying, engaging and qualifying prospects with the goal of supporting JDC's fundraising strategy and long-term growth priorities. The SDO is responsible for soliciting these current donors and prospects at the $10,000 level and above.
What will you do as a Senior Development Officer?
- Identify, research, cultivate, steward, and solicit individual, foundation, and corporate donors for new, renewed or increased five figure ($10k - $1M) priority and budget approved gifts, and other related projects
- Strengthen strategic funding relationships with key JDC stakeholders and major philanthropic partners, including select Jewish Federations. Cultivate relationships with lay leadership, Board members and trustees of Federations and other significant Jewish organizations
- Plan strategic donor engagement activities, including events travel to the field, and speaker tours
- Coordinate special projects and donor cultivation assignments
- Present on JDC’s behalf to funders/prospects and other groups in person and via other technologies
- Work with the Resource Development (RD) team to develop necessary materials
- Record all major contacts/activities with donors and prospects according to JDC procedures
- Track and monitor all major contacts/activities with donors and prospects according to JDC procedures
- Work closely with units across RD and the organization to ensure alignment at all levels, including identification of donors, outreach and solicitation, identifying funding needs, communication and messaging
- Activity and fundraising metrics to be developed with supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
What qualifications are required to be our Senior Development Officer?
- 5+ years of professional fundraising experience
- Prior experience successfully soliciting and closing $10K+ gifts (e.g. experience in positions such as Major Gifts Officer or Senior Development Officer looking for a lateral move, Development Director looking to grow in a larger global organization); experience raising at least $1,000,000 in total gifts over time
- Proven success in soliciting and closing major gifts, and in building and maintaining relationships with major individual donors, especially in the Jewish community
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to inspire both one-on-one and for audiences
- Tech savvy, comfortable using donor management systems (e.g. Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce) and dedicated to maintaining effective data and utilizing available technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication, and flexibility to work in an ever-changing work environment.
- A self-starter with excellent networking capabilities who is able to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to travel internationally 4-5 times annually
- Dedication to and passion for the work of the JDC and global Jewish issues, and the ability to effectively translate that to prospects and donors
- Native English – a must, fluent Hebrew – an advantage
Additional Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Experience working for a large (100+ employees) and/or complex international organization
- Experience raising funds for Jewish non-profits
- Experience with donors in the Jewish community
- Familiarity with Israel and global Jewish communities
- Background in social work
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Hours: 40 hours/week, with flexibility to work with other time zones and on evenings or weekends for events as needed
- Location: Israel
- Reports to: Senior Director, Global Resource Development
- Job Function/Department: Resource Development
- Other: Travel internationally 4-5 times annually required
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Collectively we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of others
JDC -- the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee or "The Joint" -- is the leading Jewish humanitarian organization, working in 70 countries to lift lives and strengthen communities. We rescue Jews in danger, provide aid to vulnerable Jews, develop innovative solutions to Israel’s most complex social challenges, cultivate a Jewish future, and lead the Jewish community’s response to crises. For over 100 years, our work has put the timeless Jewish value of mutual responsibility into action, making JDC essential to the survival of millions of people and the advancement of Jewish life across the globe.
For more information, please visit www.JDC.org.
טופס הגשת מועמדות
במידה ואין באפשרותך למלא את הטופס, ניתן לשלוח אלינו פרטי קשר וקובץ קורות חיים לכתובת [email protected]