Content and Field Expert - Inter-Agency Task Force on Israeli Arab Issues (IATF)
- תאריך פרסום המשרה:
Inter-Agency Task Force on Israeli Arab Issues (IATF)
The Inter-Agency Task Force on Israeli Arab Issues is a non-partisan resource center on Arab citizens of Israel that provides educational services to American Jewish organizations. Through programs, field visits, publications, and trainings, IATF helps make these issues a meaningful, informed, and enriching part of American Jewish engagement with Israel. Established in 2006 by leaders of major Jewish organizations*, IATF ensures American Jewish leadership, funders, and professionals have trusted learning opportunities and resources about major developments in the field and their importance for Israeli society. IATF is supported by more than 75 member organizations (American Jewish federations, foundations, advocacy organizations, religious movements, Israel educators) and works with many more to increase exposure and deepen American Jewish professional and communal engagement with these issues.
*Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, UJA Federation of New York, Anti-Defamation League, New Israel Fund, Andrea and Charles Bronfman Philanthropies, Caroline and Brian Lurie Philanthropic Fund
Content and Field Expert
IATF seeks a seasoned professional to work closely with IATF’s US and Israel-based staff on advancing our educational mission. The content and field expert will bring expertise and field experience with issues related to Arab citizens and Jewish-Arab relations in Israel to IATFs programs and partnerships with American Jewish organizations and audiences. Along with their own expertise, the Israel Expert will serve as a liaison to leaders in the field (civil society, grassroots, government, academic, private sector, philanthropic ... etc.) research and write for IATF publications identify and prepare speakers develop site-visits and accompany delegations support and develop partnerships with American Jewish educational, communal, and philanthropic organizations. Additional educational experience, areas of expertise, and skills convening and facilitating groups and meetings are a strong plus.
- Support IATF staff and members with field and content expertise, providing context and knowledge across social, economic, civic and political developments.
- Represent IATF among the large network of Israeli organizations and leaders working on issues related to Arab society.
- Research and write drafts for English-language summaries, reports, and educational resources using Hebrew and Arabic sources.
- Prepare, arrange and accompany American Jewish organizations’ site visits in the field.
- Develop and lead educational programs for American Jewish organizations .
- Identify and prepare expert speakers for educational events (including development of presentations and talking points, framing for American Jewish audiences, and English language support).
- Collaborate with US staff on implementation of special projects and partnerships, including trainings and facilitated meetings, media production, professional development, and more.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Arab society issues in Israel, Arab and Jewish-Arab civil society organizations
- Minimum 5-7 years professional experience.
- Exceptional ability to listen, summarize, and articulate major insights in a fast-moving and complex field.
- Arabic native language, Excellent English and Hebrew speaking and writing skills.
- Public presentation and speaking abilities.
- Training and educational skills.
- Group facilitation skills and experience knowledge (preferred).
- Understanding of and interest in American Jewish communities and organizations (preferred).
- Familiarity and comfort with computer and digital platforms (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Teams, Canva, Monday or equivalent).
Status: Full or part Time
Secretariat: American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC)
- Employment type: Full-Time / Part-Time Position
- Location: Remote
- Reports to: Executive Director - Inter-Agency Task Force on Israeli Arab Issues
- Start Date: Early to mid-March
טופס הגשת מועמדות
במידה ואין באפשרותך למלא את הטופס, ניתן לשלוח אלינו פרטי קשר וקובץ קורות חיים לכתובת [email protected]