Writer/Program Associate – Inter-Agency Task Force on Israeli Arab Issues
- תאריך פרסום המשרה:
The Inter-Agency Task Force on Israeli Arab Issues (IATF) is an educational organization serving the North American Jewish community with non-partisan resources and programs about Arab citizens and Jewish-Arab relations in Israel. Established in 2006 by leaders of major Jewish organizations*, the IATF ensures American Jewish leadership, funders, and professionals have trusted learning opportunities about these lesser known—yet increasingly prioritized—domestic Israeli issues. Today the Task Force serves more than 100 organizational members (American Jewish federations, foundations, advocacy organizations, religious movements, Israel educators). Our activities include production of publications, educational events and missions, conference sessions and trainings, among others.
*Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, UJA Federation of New York, Anti-Defamation League, New Israel Fund, Andrea and Charles Bronfman Philanthropies, Caroline and Brian Lurie Philanthropic Fund
An Israeli-based position, the IATF Writer/Program Associate will work closely with the Executive Director, Israel, and US based staff on the production of professional English-language publications and educational programs in the US and Israel. IATF publications span in-depth reports, updates, posts, newsletters, annual reports, and event invitations. Our educational programs include educational workshops and events in American Jewish settings as well as on-site experiential learning for delegations visiting the field. The writing component of the position involves laying out and integrating insights, data and expertise from IATF field research and related literature into publications that meet the interests and range of awareness-levels of our American Jewish constituents. Program support involves working in the field to identify and prepare presenters for educational programs in the US as well as working with American Jewish organizations on field visits in Israel.
- Draft professional IATF publications, primarily: reports, newsletters, issue updates, research summaries, but also letters, event invitations, social media posts, and web content.
- Expand bureau of potential program speakers and presenters by meeting and interviewing Arab and Jewish individuals involved in shared society, Jewish-Arab relations, and socio-economic development work in Israel’s Arab communities.
- Prepare and develop presenters for American Jewish audiences by supporting them with language and translation needs, materials preparation, framing of content, and insights into the American Jewish context.
- Work with American Jewish professionals to—in coordination with IATF content experts—identify and coordinate relevant site-visits for their groups visiting Israel. Accompany group when appropriate.
- Support IATF programs manager and content experts on meetings and programs as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2-5 years of relevant professional experience
- Proven excellence in English and Hebrew speaking, reading and writing. Arabic a strong plus.
- Experience with involved with issues related to Arab society and Jewish-Arab relations in Israel; specifically related civil sector organizations, social and economic trends, and public discourse.
- Deep understanding of American Jewish organizations, discourse, and culture.
- Public presentation and speaking experience a plus.
- Team player with good organization and communication skills.
- Strong with Microsoft Office, CRM and overall good digital capacities.
- Status: 50/50 home based and in-the-field, full-time position in Israel
- Secretariat: American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee
- Reports to: Liron Shoham, Executive Director
Applications (resumes and introductory email in English) can be submitted by email: [email protected] until November 30th, 2021
Only relevant candidates will receive a reply.
טופס הגשת מועמדות
במידה ואין באפשרותך למלא את הטופס, ניתן לשלוח אלינו פרטי קשר וקובץ קורות חיים לכתובת [email protected]