Israel Representative - Inter-Agency Task Force on Israeli Arab Issues (IATF)
- תאריך פרסום המשרה:
The Inter-Agency Task Force on Israeli Arab Issues is a non-partisan educational resource center on Arab citizens and Jewish-Arab relations in Israel for the North American Jewish community. Established in 2006 by leaders of major Jewish organizations*, IATF ensures American Jewish leadership, funders, and professionals have trusted learning opportunities and resources about major related developments and their importance for Israeli society. Today the Task Force convenes more than 70 organizational members (American Jewish federations, foundations, advocacy organizations, religious movements, Israel educators) in increasing their exposure and deepening their own professional and communal engagement with these issues. Our activities include production of publications, educational events and missions, conference sessions, professional development and training, among others.
The Israel Representative will have knowledge and experience with leaders and issues related to Arab citizens and Jewish-Arab relations in Israel. The Representative will work closely with IATF’s US and Israel-based staff to increase American Jewish exposure to and understanding of major social, economic, and political trends and developments, including government budgets and policies, civil society, and public discourse. The Israel Representative will serve as a liaison to civil society, grassroots, government, academic, and private sector leaders in the field; draft and aggregate materials for IATF publications; identify and prepare speakers for educational programs and events; develop and lead delegation site-visits; and support and develop partnerships with and programs for American Jewish educational, communal, and philanthropic organizations.
- Represent IATF among the large network of Israeli organizations and leaders working on issues related to Arab society;
- Track government budgets and programs for Arab citizens and connect with related offices;
- Contextualize and report on developments across social, economic, civic, and political issues;
- Draft English-language summaries and reports;
- Collaborate with US-based staff on educational programs for American Jewish organizations;
- Identify and prepare expert speakers for educational events (ppt, overview, talking points, and English language support);
- Prepare and accompany American Jewish organizations’ site visits in the field;
- Collaborate with US staff on implementation of special projects and partnerships, including trainings, media production, professional development, and more.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant academic background or equivalent experience;
- Exceptional ability to listen and summarize major insights in a fast-moving and complex field;
- Excellent English and Hebrew speaking and writing skills. Arabic strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of Arab society issues in Israel, Arab and Jewish-Arab civil society organizations;
- Public presentation and speaking abilities;
- Understanding of and interest in American Jewish communities and organizations (preferred);
- Strong Microsoft Word and Office skills
- Location: Remote & Field position
- Employer: JDC International
Apply now!!! Resumes can be submitted using the form until May 31th , 2023. Only relevant applications will be answered.
*Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, UJA Federation of New York, Anti-Defamation League, New Israel Fund, Andrea and Charles Bronfman Philanthropies, Caroline and Brian Lurie Philanthropic Fund
טופס הגשת מועמדות
במידה ואין באפשרותך למלא את הטופס, ניתן לשלוח אלינו פרטי קשר וקובץ קורות חיים לכתובת [email protected]